Joining Hands On Sunday In Norton Folgate
PLEASE COME AND JOIN HANDS WITH ME to create a circle around Norton Folgate as a symbolic gesture of our shared wish to see these buildings restored for new use instead of being demolished by British Land.
Three days before Tower Hamlets Strategic Development Committee meet to decide the fate of Norton Folgate on July 21st, we want to show that large numbers of people care sufficiently to turn up and create a human chain around this historic neighbourhood.
JOIN HANDS TO SAVE NORTON FOLGATE ON SUNDAY 19TH JULY 3PM
1. Please register at the desk in Elder St when you arrive. The desk will be open from 2pm.
2. Please join the line which will start forming from the corner of Elder St and Folgate St at 2:30pm, extending around Norton Folgate on the route shown on the map.
3. Please join hands at 3pm and stay holding hands while a camera travels the length of the line. Please tweet selfies of yourself while in the line #savenortonfolgate
4. Please stay on the pavement at all times and do not obstruct passage of traffic along Blossom St. Similarly, we ask you to show gracious respect to the residents of Norton Folgate, by permitting them access in and out of their homes and by not impeding customers at The Water Poet and Tune Hotel.
5. The Gentle Author would like to give you a copy of The Gentle Author’s London Album as a gesture of gratitude for your support of the campaign to SAVE NORTON FOLGATE. Numbered tickets will be given to the first 500 to sign in from 2pm and these can be exchanged for a copy at Batty Langley’s hotel in Folgate St shortly after 3pm, once the camera has passed along the line.
This event has the clearance of the Metropolitan Police and the City of London Police, reference number CAD 2631
Please come to the meeting of the Tower Hamlets Strategic Development Committee when the fate of Norton Folgate will be decided on TUESDAY 21st JULY at 7pm at Town Hall, Mulberry Place, 5 Clove Crescent, E14 2BG
Click here for a simple guide to HOW TO OBJECT EFFECTIVELY prepared by The Spitalfields Trust (Objections close 20th July)
You may also like to take a look at